Services Supplement for CMMI Version 1.2
Duration: 1 day
This one-day course introduces service providers, appraisal team members, and process group members to CMMI® fundamental concepts related to service delivery. The CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) model defines effective practices that ensure quality services are delivered to customers and end users. Some types of services that would benefit from using CMMI-SVC include operations, logistics, maintenance, IT, and many other services in other government and industry.
The course is composed of lectures and class exercises with ample opportunity for participant questions and discussions. After attending the course, participants will be able to describe the CMMI-SVC model, discuss the model’s process areas, and locate relevant information in the model.
This course, with its prerequisite, Introduction to CMMI Version 1.2, fulfills a prerequisite for any course requiring an official SEI Introductory CMMI for Services course. This course is also a prerequisite for being a lead appraiser, team leader, or team member on a SCAMPI appraisal using the CMMI-SVC model.
Successful completion of this course enables participants to do the following:
- Understand how CMMI-SVC v1.2 can help a services organization improve their performance
- Describe the unique elements of CMMI-SVC v1.2
- Locate information in the CMMI-SVC v1.2 model
- Service providers and process implementers
- Candidate CMMI-SVC instructors and lead appraisers
- CMMI-SVC appraisal team members
- Anyone interested in learning about CMMI-SVC
Before registering for this course, participants must have successfully completed the Introduction to CMMI course (Version 1.1 with upgrade or Version 1.2).
- Services Overview
- CMMI-SVC Unique Process Areas and Service-Related Specific Practices
- Next steps